Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 Retrospective

I thought after 2012, what with the hug life changes and everything, that 2013 would seem kind of mellow. How wrong I was. I'm sensing a pattern in that every year is going to be eventful in its own way, which I guess I can live with. What happened this year? Where to start. . .


2013 was the year of skication, of some epic pow days, of choosing a thesis lab, of new friendships waxing and old ones waning, of my best friend tying the knot, of Vegas. . . There was so much. I bought my first car by myself. My dad passed the torch for skiing, saying he believed me to have surpassed him; as long as I live that will still be one of the proudest moments in my life. This was another year where my passion for skiing continued to grow, evidenced by my increased skill (and indebtedness; I need a cheaper hobby).

There's so much I could day about this year, but most of the big things I've documented on this blog already, whether openly or in a more veiled manner. 2013 had its share of stress for me, but all in all I'd say it was a damn good year. It's another year of being completely blessed by the people around me, by further discovering myself and what I want out of life, and of pursuing my goals. That sounds pretty corny or overly-peppy, but I guess that's just how I get at the end of a year like this.

We're hours away from rolling over into 2014. I cannot possibly guess what this next year is going to hold, but I'm ready. Throw it all at me, good or bad; I've learned to roll with the punches and count my blessings (instead of sheep; if you don't get that reference I don't know if we can be friends) (seriously, go watch White Christmas, I don't care if it's after Xmas), and I'm ready for what's next.

So a happy new year to you all, I hope you ring it in in style, and if you're a winter sports enthusiast I hope you can spend Jan. 1 skiing/riding. This is another year to continue our journeys to the steeper side, and it's going to be a fun ride. See you out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment